View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 20, 2001, 12:03am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Thanks for your comments, folks. I knew I could count on some support from y'all.

I don't know whether if I'd have DQ'ed her if it would have affected her varsity game, but as I thought quickly about what to do at that point, I decided that filing a report wuld have more lasting effect. The worst part to me was the attitude of the coach which although not actively encouraging all this snottiness, was most certainly passively condoning. She argued and came up off the bench at several no-calls, and was very difficult about the coaching rule (although in that one rule, she did submit, and not risk the T).

After 24 hours of contemplation here, I think I should have whacked someone, just to make a point, but they were skating so close to the line, I'm not quite sure when. Maybe that first high five after a clearly retaliatory but very skilled foul. Or in the freshman game when the Z team girl laughed at the B player who took the ball and shot at the wrong basket. Or when the bench was calling loudly for a technical on a B team player? But I wasn't sure whether it was the bench or the players sitting behind from the previous game. I don't know...

But the report goes in tonight with no embellishemnt by me; just straight dispassionate reporting will be convicting enough.