View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 16, 2006, 08:29am
Official Forum Member

Excellent Analysis and suggestions

Thanks to all offering their analyses and ruling suggestions. I am encouraged by the depth and sincerity of the assistance offered by some of the great officiating minds on this site. (NOT B.S.-I mean it.)

I was the BU on this one. I am not trying to throw my partner under the bus on this, it was the 2d game of a very poorly played HS varsity DH. Both teams misplayed at least one ball per inning, swung at at least one bounced ball and one over their head per inning, at least one whine by at least one coach per inning. At least one wild pitch and/or passed ball per batter/per team/per inning. No less than ten dropped fly balls on the afternoon. No homeruns even though it was a former Babe Ruth league field that had been abandoned by the league for better facilities at another park. A six-hour baseball hell at a dirt infield park without real dugouts, just a concrete pad and wooden bench. Thank god the backstop was about 12 feet from home plate to prevent too many passed balls from getting too far away. There were houses with yards and dogs behind backstop so there were plenty of lost balls due to dog slobber and teeth marks. One team was arguing from the diamond back to their dugout for those in the dugout, coaches included, to not eat all the pizza. I am not making this up. You had to be there. Toughest $110 I've ever made.