View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 14, 2006, 11:43pm

Not everybody can be skinny. Many people are pre-disposed to being overweight due to health problems such as diabetes and metabolism problems.

Big John McSherry was a damn good umpire, despite weighing nearly 400 pounds. There have been other huge umpires throughout history, and they have done a damn fine job.

I'm a big fellah, and I'll race you around the diamond any time. As long as the big tubbies can get around and don't just stand in one place turning circles, then you need to back away from the fat jokes.

I am concerned about the hat though. What kind of league uses this style of hat?

Another thing, aren't these leagues supplying the replacements with authentic League uniforms? And new gear? and new pants? Why are these umpires being forced onto the field looking shoddy? Mismatched pants, jackets hanging down past their butts. What's up with this? I have seen some of the pictures on the AMLU site, and most crews at least look the part. Then I see other pictures, like the one Tim posted, and this one. Where are the nice unis? Bad form.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25