View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 11, 2006, 09:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMan
So you are saying that NO MLB umpires use an indicator? I find that almost impossible to believe.
In fact, I have been told exactly that by a Texas League umpire (who, by the way, said that he did not know of any of his brethren that used one either.)

I'm not saying this to imply one is better than the other or that you can't advance if you need the indicapacifier. But I do maintain that most of you that THINK you need one, probably don't. And I do maintain that I have become more focused since dropping the use of one except when required (and I find that when I AM required, it is a distraction, not an aid.) But ... to each their own. The only thing that bugs me is when someone insists that you need this tool because it's a tool... yet have never REALLY tried it the other way, and thus do not know from whence they speak.