View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 06, 2006, 01:45pm
Official Forum Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigUmp56
Let me ask you a question then, "Jiggy." If you have no real vested interest in the AMLU plight, why do you feel it's your responsibility to defend their position?

The only thing I see coming from you is a lot of rhetoric in an attempt to turn this into a union -vs- non union debacle. As a long time union member I have to tell you that these tactics you're attempting to employ have been proven ineffective in this day and age. You're dealing with grown men here who are free to choose to do as they wish. Good or bad. To constantly berate others for asserting their own free will smacks of imense imaturity on your part.

Tim.

Big Tim,

I have never said anything about this being a union vs. non-union issue. Every man has a decision to make for himself. It just seems to me that there are an awful lot of post on here trying to convince others that being a scab is the way to go and using mis-information to do so. Feelings go both ways, that is fine, but the facts are the facts and aren't open to speculation or the opinon of someone who doesn't know. I want those who insist on being able to say "I worked a pro game" to do it but be quiet about it. They will show what clowns they are on the field. Otherwise there is no logical reason for someone otherwise not involved to get involved. It is a very short term and therefor short-sighted decision in a situation that requires a long term solution. (there is no long term benifit for either the scab or MiLB)

...also KUDOS to Mr.B. An excellent articulation of your feelings and those of many others who have seen a bigger picture.

Last edited by JIGGY; Thu Apr 06, 2006 at 01:52pm.