View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 04, 2006, 08:29am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chess Ref
I have always been a little uncomfortable with grown men yelling at teenage girls. It reeks of bullying to me. If you are a coach you can instruct my daughter, you can correct my daughter, you can even punish my daughter ( by restricting her playing time) or punishment of that nature. BUT if you think you are going to call my teenage daughter stupid or other belittling, degrading names you are going to deal with me. Now am I going to file a law suit, not likely, but when I am done talking to the coach I'm betting he doesn't call my daughter belittling, degrading names anymore.
Girls in our great country have huge self-imaging issues,major depression issues, eating disorders are rampant (espically in athletes), 3 out of 5 girls are sexually assaulted before age 18. Then some ROLE MODEL/Leader of my daughter is gonna bully her by calling her names-not today,not this week and not this season.

And that my friends is a promise.
AMEN!
I coach my daughter in the summer. I can't think of any reason to bully/belittle any of my girls. extremely counter-productive. Firm but fair is my goal. I have seen other coaches who use profanity in front of their girls. throw stuff etc, etc. Nice role models.
My daughter would never be allowed to play for such a coach, regardless of the level. The almighty "W" isn't worth it.