Thread: True Sport
View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 04, 2006, 05:40am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrow
If you wanted to see a True Competition w/o unsportsmanlike coaches and clueless commentators I hope you all saw Lorena Ochoa, Michelle Wie, Natalie Gulbis and Karrie Webb go at eachother at the Nabisco.

When you need an Eagle on the 18th and hole it from 130 yards......that's clutch. Way to go Karrie!

Gulbis is a hell of a competitor, too. Lorena Ochoa takes about 20 minutes to pick a club on evey shot (I would KILL her).... Natalie just stood their chit-chatting with Michell Wie looking like she didn't have a care in the world.

I, myself, shot an extremely respectful 101 on Saturday! Had I carried TWO drivers like Phil is doing.......I might have had a 99. Are you Conspiracy Buffs like me? I think Phil is getting moo-goo bucks from his Endorsement Manufacturer! I can imagine the conversation:

Manufactuer: "Phil...here's the Plan. You carry two drivers all season. Say that it improves your game. Then we'll sell every golfer in America an extra driver!"

Phil: "Jeeez...even Crow isn't stupid enough to fall for that one?"
My son told me that Phil's nickname on the tour is: FIG-JAM. "F", I'm Good - Just Ask Me.