View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 31, 2006, 03:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
If you pay for sex at a strip club does that all of a sudden make you a ladies man?

Does working a Minor League game during a strike make you an accomplished umpire?

You decide.

(Steve this is what we call sarcasm)

Peace
Just finsihed watching Caddyshack for the twentieth time...it never gets old.
I check in before bed and see one of my favorites has found time for our little old sport. (Basketball must be done.)

If you pay for sex at a strip club, it means you are stupid, desperate and probably pretty ugly. Unless of course, it's a gay strip club and then you are just wrong.

If you work a Minor League game during the strike it means that you've accomplished something. But getting asked back, because you shined - well that's pretty nice. Whether it is an independent A or MLB AAA affiliate, being asked to do those games by them is still an honor. Don't think for a moment that it isn't. The players are still the same and the park just as nice. If you do your job, you can go home feeling pretty good.

My favorite umpires are the ones who ask for tougher assignments so that they can test themselves. Each year I see young guys stepping up and surprising me. They can't do a worse job than Bobby D. at the WBC.

Jeff, I'm not trying to start anything...I just don't agree with your post, that's all. You were excited to work the Juco All Star game at a nice field. That same feelng you and the crew had will be there for any replacement umpires.