View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 30, 2006, 01:25pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
Durham,

Don't worry about me. I was just explaining what you were dealing with. They don't offer advice. They just want to cut someone to shreds with their hindsight. The only way most them can handle a situation without self-imploding is eject at the very first objectionable word. Most of them just work FED or a limited low level college schedule, anyway.

Take the situation, and learn from it.
More irony. Someone who has never had an ejection giving advice on ejections.

Durham:

You'll find excellent advice on this site. Where you'll run into trouble is when you begin to argue repeatedly against that advice. It's like I tell my sons. If you didn't want an answer to the question then why did you ask it. I can tell you that from my experience on the board and through private correspondence with some of the boards more prominent members there have been many, many umpires who've come here to validate themselves even though they were wrong. They ask a question and if they don't get the answer they want they beat it to death until they either get their way or everyone stops responding to them at all. I'm not saying you should be thrown into that category, but you will find the boards members leery of newcomers who begin to argue in their first few threads.

Tim.