View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 30, 2006, 02:29am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Well of course you would then be talking about the Men's game, because unless Candace Parker is playing in a game I do [typo here ] see many women playing near the rim.

Once again I do not see this as a major problem. It is one of those things that is not happening every game or every situation even at the college level. I do not see many situations where I think this is missed. Even the play that happen this past weekend it was very close. Unless we have a ring of light that shows how close this play is, this call will always be a tough call. I do not think officials are just ignoring this call; it is tough at full speed to know for sure. POEs should be for rules that are called very inconsistently and flat out wrong. I do not think this rule is called that inconsistently. When it does happen it is such a surprise and I do see anyone just flat out missing this call.
Well, Rut, you express good opinions on basketball, but you just perceive this one differently than I do. I truly believe that this is one aspect of the game which is handled quite inconsistently by NCAA officials. It is afterall a judgment call, but I would like to see it given more scrutiny.
Therefore, I think that a POE here would better the game.

Out of curiosity, prior to last season did you feel that palming need a POE or did you believe that it was called consistently and wasn't missed the much?