View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 29, 2006, 10:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy
Jeff (actually, either one) - do you know why they would ask for the book to be signed after the game? I've understand putting my name and number in the book, but I've always done it before the game. I would be curious as to the IHSA's reasoning behind the official doing it afterwards, especially if it was a close, contentious game?
What JRut and I are talking about are two completely different things. JRut is taking about the officials listing their names and IHSA numbers in the scorebook for identificatin purposes prior to the game. I am talking specifically about the R signing (like placing your signature on a legal document) the official scorers book after the game has concluded to approve the final score of a state tournament game. Use the following link; go to Section VII, G "Rules of Play", #4 (pg 7) - This is the "Terms & Conditions" document from the IHSA regarding the state tournament.

http://www.ihsa.org/tc/2005-06/bkbtc.pdf

This specifically states what I have mentioned above. As I've stated before, most officials I've talked to don't know of this requirement and do not implement this practice during the state tournament.

Hopefully that clears this up. As others have said before, I do not believe there is a FED rule/requirement to sign the score book at any time.