View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 29, 2006, 05:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellnier
Steve M said:

"PU apparently saw the obstruction on this play and did nothing about it. Why didn't PU call it? This isn't fishing in somebody else's spot. See obstruction - call it. Saves a whole lot of grief and prevents this situation.

What is PU going to over-rule? Judgement, nope, not allowed - even if due to bad mechanics. If I'm PU, I'm not going to my partner to talk about his job, especially since I didn't do mine in this play.

I can't say that I care a whole lot about infuriated coaches, players, and fans - their ignorance is not my problem."

----------------------

In this scenario there was an obstructed baserunner and you say the PU didn't do his job in this play. I assume this is the very same obstruction the coaches, players and fans saw. How then, does their unhappy response to a blown call make them "ignorant"?
It makes them VERY ignorant about what I may or may not do BY RULE! B!tch & moan all you want - Since this situation, by rule, may not be addressed by PU, those who want it addressed by PU are ignorant (of the rules of the game).