View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 29, 2006, 11:28am
Get away from me, Steve.

I'm in favor of the following. In places where I'm conditionally in favor, I'll make comments:

1. 28 ft coaching box
2. permitting gray shirt for officials
7. include a foul committed during a throw-in by the throwing team as a team control foul
9. play in halves instead of quarters
12. eliminate lag time if officials have definite knowledge of the time
15. allow a shot clock by state adoption
16. courtside replay for state championship games
17. assessing only one delay of game warning for any type of delay of game situation per team instead of one for each of the three types.
18. allow pregame dunking, but not hanging on the ring I'd actually be OK with this if they took the responsibility away from the officials in enforcing this -- I'd rather go to college women's mechanics -- come out early, have captain's meeting, check the book, go back to the locker room until 3 minutes left -- and this one will never happen, IMO
19. coach is out of box and "just coaching" - first offense = warning, second offense = T; coach is out of box and behaving inappropriately - first offense = T (submitted by Mary Struckhoff)How about not worrying about the coach being out of the box when he/she is just coaching? Too much worrying about the coaching box -- just make it 28 feet and stop worrying so much about it. WHO CARES?
20. Make signal #33 (current player control signal) also used for reporting a team control foul.I'd prefer the NCAAW punch myself, but a specific signal, even the PC signal, would be good.