View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 29, 2006, 09:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
Got a copy of what the rules committee is considering at their meeting. Thought I'd share a few and get some feedback from the forum.

1. 28 ft coaching box
2. permitting gray shirt for officials
6. eliminate closely guarded while dribbling
8. stopping the game clock on made goals in the final minute of the 4thQ and extra periods
9. play in halves instead of quarters
10. entend the game length to 36 minutes
11. Only permitting players on the court to request a TO, head coach during a dead ball only
14. "a closely guarded count shall be terminated when the offensive player in control of the ball gets his/her head and shoulders past the defensive player."
15. allow a shot clock by state adoption
16. courtside replay for state championship games
18. allow pregame dunking, but not hanging on the ring
19. coach is out of box and "just coaching" - first offense = warning, second offense = T
1. they already use most of the 28 ft anyways, we should go ahead and adopt this one...

2.gray shirts may be a nice change and put money in someone elses pocket too..

6.this would make a fun end of the game if you have a good guard that could dribble, but if we go to shot clocks i would be all for no cg while dribbling

8.i think they should leave this in the college level...let the clock run

9.would love halves, coaches don't from what i hear around here in ky...

10. GAME IS LONG ENOUGH...LEAVE TIME ALONE 16 MINUTE HALVES IS GREAT

11. Would probably make it better so you don't have to look over your shoulder and take your eyes of the play, to make sure the coach is yelling time out...if the player don't ask, they don't get it...love it!!

14. pretty much do this anyways, does anyone call the CG when the defense is running behind the offense????? never seen it

15. would be pretty nice to see the shot clock, would make things even quicker than they are now

16. DEFINITELY needed...hate to see a team lose a game on a close call that could be changed and made right if they can look at the replay...

18. asking for trouble on this one.... no dunking should be allowed.. to many injuries possible, broken rims and backboards, etc....

19. if they give them a 28ft box....if they get out of it, they should be blasted "t".....no warnings..