View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 29, 2006, 08:30am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
I was fortunate enough to be asked for an opinion on these by a member of the rules committee. He sent me the full list and asked me to vote on each. Not that my vote is final or anything like that, obviously, but he's taking the opinions of fellow officials into consideration before going to the meeting for the official vote. Here are the ones that I voted "YES" on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
1. 28 ft coaching box
2. permitting gray shirt for officials
8. stopping the game clock on made goals in the final minute of the 4thQ and extra periods
9. play in halves instead of quarters
11. Only permitting players on the court to request a TO, head coach during a dead ball only
12. eliminate lag time if officials have definite knowledge of the time
14. "a closely guarded count shall be terminated when the offensive player in control of the ball gets his/her head and shoulders past the defensive player."
15. allow a shot clock by state adoption
16. courtside replay for state championship games
17. assessing only one delay of game warning for any type of delay of game situation per team instead of one for each of the three types.
20. Make signal #33 (current player control signal) also used for reporting a team control foul.