View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 27, 2006, 06:07pm
Official Forum Member

I have two. Not sure which was worse, probably the second of these.

#1 - Female partner, first time I'd ever worked with her, but I was told she taught clinics for both softball and baseball. Seemed very professional at first. At some point in the game, the pitch comes bouncing in on a swinging strike three, and the catcher fields it cleanly. Batter takes off. F2 throws it into right field, but PU is screaming "Batter's out, batter's OUT!!!"

Coach comes to me, and I direct him to her, but trail a bit - and keeping the assistant coach out of the discussion. Finally the coach says, "Well, then, I protest." PU says, "You can protest from the F'ing parking lot, cause you're gone!" So I step in, and pull partner aside. I start with explaining that we need to log the protest, or we could just correct this on the spot, since it was obviously a dropped third strike. She argues (with me, and loudly now) that since the catcher caught it cleanly, it wasn't "dropped". Then points at me and says, "Get your @$$ back to your position or I'll call the rest of this on my own."

Pretty bad - eventually had to replay the whole game over when all was said and done. Never saw her again.

2nd sitch:

Redneck moron know-it-all OOO on the bases. Game is tight, late, bases loaded, 2 outs. Pop up to F4. High enough that batter was almost to 2nd when it was about to be caught. Fans on that side all yell "DROP IT!!!", and F4 does. 4 runs score before the dust settles. BU then starts yelling for "Interference" on the offense, nullifying the run. As coach is arguing, I overhear that my partner is calling this "Fan Verbal Interference". OMG.