View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 23, 2006, 02:37pm
Do not give a damn!!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Fronheiser
Personally, I think that the tournament manager overstepped his bounds by replacing an official in the middle of a contest. Of course the Kentucky state office is going to back that decision up, though -- what else could it do?

I'm probably the only one that feels that way, but my question is this -- why the HELL is another person, official or not, even getting near the game officials' locker room during a contest? Then once the second guy got in the locker room and something was started, why didn't game management get rid of the guy so the assigned official could finish the game?

We aren't going to ever know the entire story. But I'm not going to be quick to blast the guy that got replaced.
Actually you are not the only one Rich that feels that way. I also feel that way. I just want to know why Bailey was allowed by others to behave in this manner and not help Montgomery out (or any official on that situation) from having to deal with some guy that was not working the game or allowed in the locker room in this situation. If Montgomery over-rated to the situation, someone should have gotten Bailey out of the situation. I am not at all surprised that it came public if no one comes in between the two individuals and got rid of the guy that had no right to be there. If this was a fan would have anyone sat around and just allowed some guy to run their mouth to an official on a game that is in progress? I do not think so, so why is an official that is not even working the game given a free reign on this topic? I know when I am not working games and I go into the locker room to talk to friends, that is their sanctuary, it is not my place to step all over the officials just because I am an official.

Peace