View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 23, 2006, 12:33pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
1) We will never know all the sides.

2) I totally believe Mr. Montgomery's story just like I believe a lot of stories from victims of racism because similar things happen a lot in this country.

3) People of color always seemed to have to prove something took place to them as it relates to racial issues and the benefit of the doubt is given to those that are accused.

4) I have read nothing in this thread but speculation and judgment and now you JR want to tell everyone how to feel is just not your place. I think anyone can come to a conclusion just like you have and we do not need all the evidence that you want to come to that conclusion.
Well, I hate to reply as I'm breaking my own vow, but note that it's my last one to you. As usual, it's a complete waste of time to try and debate anything with you.....but here goes...

1) That's exactly what I've been saying. We do NOT know both sides.

2) Despite not knowing both sides, you believe that the black guy is right and the white guy is wrong. Why aren't I surprised?

3) Are you saying that the premise should be "guilty until proven innocent" instead? Doess that apply to all sides equally? Or just to one side?

4) As usual, you have a comprehension problem. I'm NOT telling anyone how to feel at all. I defy you to find one instance in this thread where I came to any conclusion at all as to what happened in the dressing room. You're the one who's doing that by taking sides when there's absolutely no evidence to support either party. I'm saying that there's no evidence on hand to come to any conclusion as to what happened in the dressing room.

Might as well close this one now. It just went the way of all similar threads. I'm just surprised that it took this long.

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Thu Mar 23, 2006 at 12:38pm.