View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 23, 2006, 12:11pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to MNBlue
My first 3-man game, with me at 1st. 18U National Qualifier with a team from California and a team from Illinois. Many moons ago. I was in way over my head. Runners at second and third, I'm in the B position. Hot grounder to short. She fields it cleanly and throws to first. I turn to first to make the call. But wait! Where's the ball? She didn't throw the ball to first, but faked me into looking for a call at first. Meanwhile, she also caught the runner at second doing pretty much the same thing as me and threw back to second, catching her off base. I, however, didn't have the privilege of seeing this great play. Fortunately for me, the BU at third realized I was in the twilight zone and came up really strong with an out call. Didn't hear a word from anyone until after the game, when it was my turn to buy the beer.

Lessons learned:

You learn lessons much better when you screw something up. Hopefully, no one gets unduly penalized.
Watch the ball!!!!
Work with good partners. When you can't, be aware of what your partners may be missing.
Watch the ball some more!!!!
Good players do what they should do, better players will do things the opponent isn't expecting.
Watch the ball!!!!

Last edited by MNBlue; Fri Mar 24, 2006 at 11:05am.