View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 23, 2006, 10:19am
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef
I have never voiced an opinion either way concerning Mr. Montgomery's removal from the game. My bone of contention in this thread has been that a lot of people question Mr. Montgomery's version of events without any basis to doubt his word. I have seen no newspaper articles, interviews, testimonials in support of Mr. Bailey, responses/statements from Mr. Bailey, nor press releases from the KHSAA, that would put into question Mr. Montgomery's accounting of the events surrounding his suspension.

I, for one, do not question anything in Mr. Montgomery's account of what happened. I do, however, question his actions that led up to the dispute spilling over into the public eye. He was involved in that, and that's why he received the consequences that were handed down. I also don't buy all the hooey in his post stating that he didn't put himself above the game or the kids involved - that's crap. All he had to do was let the KHSAA (or whatever it is) know that he felt it was wrong to take him off the game, and then follow logical legal recourses AFTER the game was played...

And all this talk about "manhood" is ridiculous...sounds like the 12 and 13 year-olds I have to deal with in class - "He dissed me, so I had to do something".