View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 22, 2006, 08:14pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Al
What Was Your Worst Call...?

I have one that I think will be hard to beat. But if anyone thinks they can top it I'd love to hear it.

It was the game for all the marbles. The game for the championship trophy, between the Mustangs and the Marlins. All the big shots were watching the game. The local newspaper reporter with her camera and pen was there as well. It was the bottom of the last inning with two Marlins on base. One on 2nd and one on 3rd. The Marlins were down by 4 runs and already had two outs so things didn't look to good for them. The batter hits a fairly hard bouncing ball toward third base. The 3rd basemen throws the ball home and the catcher stomps hardly on home plate. The girl running in from third retreats back to third. Because of the way the catcher stomped on home plate I thought for a second the bases must have been loaded. I quickly looked at the bases and saw girls on all three bases. I then called Out Game Over! At that moment my partner on the bases comes running in to tell me no one was being forced to home. I quickly realized the bases were loaded because the girls on 2nd and 3rd stayed there and the batter/runner has just got a single. I immediately yelled out 2 outs! The next play a slow roller ended the game. I felt like hiding when the administrator called me into the center of the field to thank me for doing a fine job as coach pitch umpire. I was surprised I got a nice response from the crowd, but sure learned to be more careful to know the base situation. ...Al