View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 15, 2001, 04:24pm
Official Forum Member

I had 2 timing situations in a game last night. In the first one the clock came unplugged early in to the 4th quarter. I stopped play and the home coach took care of it. After he fixed the problem, wanted me to take some time off the clock because he said that some time had elapsed before the problem was noticed. I went over to the bench and told him that A. It was his clock and his guy running the clock and B. I can't add or take away time unless I have definite knowledge of what that time is.

In the second situation his team scored with 2.3 seconds left on the clock and his clock guy stopped it after the bucket. The other team grabbed the ball and just held it out of bounds. Three seconds on my throw in count elapsed and the horn didn't go off. I looked up and the clock said 2.3 seconds. I blew my whistle and said game over. The coach came up to my and asked my why I could take time off the clock in that case and not in the other. I said that I had definite knowledge of the time in the second case(throwin count) and not in the first. End of game, end of conversation.