View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 22, 2006, 12:08am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Al
"Remember, the rule of thumb is that the runner can not be put out between the bases in which she was obstructed.(Though there certainly are cases, such as an appeal on a missed base, where this can occur.) You would not want to reward the defense for their infraction(OBS), no matter how slight you may perceive it".

Thanks,

It's clear as can be now, thanks to you, mcrowder, and Mike. There's one thing that I don't ever want to happen, and that is to be wrong on the metrics of a call. It's bad enough to second guess a close call, that makes the difference in who wins or losses, but to find out after a game, or on protest, that I made the wrong call because I didn't know the correct ruling is something that would be hard for me to live with. I know everyone that respects the game feels the same way. And I believe those who do respect the game really learn quickly from one's mistakes, because they don't want the same ones to happen again. It's one thing to study the rules and quite another to be in live action on the field. Thanks guys... Al