View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 21, 2006, 10:59pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to AZ_REF
I'll try not to hold your being a braves fan against you. To give you a perspective of where I'm coming from: I too started when I was 16. I'm now 21 and have been calling college ball the past 2 seasons.

The most important thing to get better is to attend some camps. There are a ton all over the country ranging anywhere from introductory to tryout camps for college. You'll want to try to find a teaching camp. I'm guessing most of your games are two man so try to start there. Also listen to and watch EVERYONE. You can learn from ANYONE. I can't stress this enough. Steal something from everybody's game. You may like one of their mechanics or how they deal with coaches. Or you may see something that you do and you realize it doesn't look good.

As far as the crowd goes, ignore them. I know it's hard but when you're just starting you need to remember to not let them affect your game. Also a little confidence goes a long way. I started off calling men's leagues. And after I showed that I wouldn't be intimidated I had way less problems.

Best of luck, if you have any other questions please post them. This forum is a great place to learn.

PS - Go Yankees!

Last edited by AZ_REF; Wed Mar 22, 2006 at 10:18pm.