Thread: Time to brag
View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 16, 2006, 02:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Camron Rust
Well. I didn't. But, a friend who comes by here periodically did. "icallfouls" worked the Oregon 1A championship game.
Thanks Cam for the recognition! I am not really someone who talks much about the games that I get.

For those that want the background. There were 14 officials out of 250 +/- officials from our association selected to work our state championships.

The championship game was a low scoring match up that featured 19 foul calls for the game. It was a 1 point game at half, and finished with 12 points of separation. We called our first foul in the second half with 25 seconds to go in the 3rd qtr.

Not sure how much more, if any, is wanted.

The joke I played on one of the other officials while I was there was better. Before the start of one of my games, I got a couple of officials and a law enforcement officer together. At the end of the first qtr, the policeman was to go up to the official in the stands and tell him that the crew working the game wouldn't continue to work the game until he left the building. It was priceless!

[Edited by icallfouls on Mar 16th, 2006 at 02:23 PM]