View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 16, 2006, 12:24am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by WooPigSooie
You guys are talking about displacement being the quantifying factor for calling a PC, which I dont agree with. 6'7 250 lb 5-man guarding a 5'10 160 lb guard on a fast break. Guard lowers the shoulder yet there is no displacement. We penalize the 6'7 guy for being an ox? That is essentially what I am getting out of this.....I'm gonna call it. The guard did a non-basketball movement in an ATTEMPT to gain an advantage. Tweet....PC foul
If you call that play an offensive foul, good luck making it out of there. Even the opposing fans would probably boo you. You are just blowing a game interrupting play where the offensive player created all the contact and in doing so he tried to gain an advantage(since we are throwing this word around everywhere) and did not accomplish gaining that advantage. This is a play on anywhere and everywhere. Like someone else said earlier, if you don't blow this, that kid is going to get up off the ground and think twice about doing it. Save the 5'10" kid a foul, and use some common sense application so you don't get yourself and your partners killed.