View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 14, 2001, 12:31am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Indy_Ref
Question

Weird situation last night. I was UMP and waiting for partner to return from having his pre-game with the bench. I notice a rubberband AROUND THE HEAD of one of the visiting players. It didn't register at first as I couldn't really believe what I was seeing!

I walked up to the player and asked if it was a rubber band. She said yes...then I notice about 3 or 4 others with the same thing! My first inclination was to say, "Illegal equipment. Take it off." Then, I asked if ANY other official had said anything to the players in past games. They answered NO. I went to partner...then to coach. Partner didn't know what to think, but thought my inclination would be correct. Coach said that NO OTHER official has questioned it this year. I told him that we'd allow it tonight and I'd get a firm answer on what should be done in future games.

I always make players take this type of stuff off...but I've NEVER seen a huge rubberband around a HEAD!! Anyone else have a view?? I know you guys do! Let's hear it!!

Thanks!