Old Wed Mar 15, 2006, 09:54am
Official Forum Member

Wink

Can't we all just get along?

A lot of great points were made through out this stitch -

But in the end didn't Montgomery make the ultimate mistake -
he became the issue not the game ?
Who won the game?

Montgomery had other recourse against the official and or the officials association.
His comment that his removal from the game was "Racist" was absurd - he was removed from the game for his actions on the court between halves - (the equivelent of conduct unbecoming of...). I believe specifically for yelling Obsenities at Bailey in the gym.

My understanding of the rule involving ejection of a player or coach from a game is that you have to sit out the next one -
While the ejection of an official is not specifically covered under the rule sitting out you next assignment is a fair enforcement of the situation.
In fact some would say the judgment against an official should be greater as they are held (rightly or wrongly) to a higher standard.

The other guy Bailey should recieve the same punnishment as Montgomery for the ejection - any other penalties for his behavior should be issued from the State association based on an investigation. I am sure there were other officials present in the locker room when this happened -
Sorry for jacking up the count I am going to say 85