View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 14, 2006, 08:05pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Re: honestly

Quote:
Originally posted by deecee
if thats what happened my opinion is that first Technical is a bad one -- unless he screamed it or there was something else it just sounds like he was asking you what you were looking at -- a simple not that or i didnt see sufficent contact for an advantage gained.

As for the second one -- if he gets up for a brief second to coach and sits right back down (once again this isnt HS) -- i would tend to let that go with just a reminder what the penalty is to him. But the second T would not have happened without the first and I dont think those comments warrented a T and Rita it seems like you are being to literal with the rules and you should use more judgement -- because coaches say and do a lot that would result in a T and if we went by the letter of the law most head coaches would be ejected by the end of the first quarter.

just my 2c
I couldn't disagree more. 7th grade game? Coach jabbering all game long? The way I read it, the comment was probably made so the entire gym could hear it, showing the official up in front of everyone. I wouldn't think twice about calling that first T. Even if it wasn't, it sure looks like it qualifies as an ABS T.
The second T was also just as good, although your partner should have probably called that one. Without that, though, you had the guts to call it. Good job.
While you probably could have justified a third T, you probably were better off avoiding it if possible. As long as he's leaving, albeit slowly, let him go.