View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 14, 2006, 02:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AtlUmpSteve

Oh, and another example of differences by clinicians; I was taught by Henry Pollard, then the Deputy Director for ASA, with Merle Butler in attendence to NEVER say YES, as he claimed it was inconclusive, and appeared to suggest we preferred one outcome over the other.
Well, don't we prefer one outcome over the other? Also, I don't see much inconclusive when you say "YES" with a point at the bat.

Quote:
He taught "swing" for years as the word to denote an attempt by the batter, and then "swing?" with a questioning tone to request help. And, Mike's Regional UIC, Bob Savoie was also in attendence at that ASA Advanced School when the "Swing?" first became the mechanic in place of "Did s/he go?"
You know as well as I that every call of Henry's sounds the same regardless of tone!!! I've never had a problem with using more than one word. I don't see the benefit with the exception of those who would give a short dissertation when asking for help.

Remember, I just quoted the book, no one's personal or professional opinion.