View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 13, 2006, 09:19pm
Official Forum Member

Before we start talkin about more wars , I don't want this to turn into a trash Bob Davidson thread. While I don't agree with his reversal, I wasn't there nor do we know what was said between he and Knight. As Dan pointed out, we can't even be sure that the replay guys timed the split screen correctly.

With that said, you've got to believe Japan feels they were robbed. If the shoe was on the other foot (US team had a call changed against them by a Japanese umpire while playing a game in Japan), it would be showcased all over the US Media and we Americans would be screaming bloody murder. Other than a few internet articles, we actually haven't heard much about the controversy. In fact, the little we did hear/read about actually said that the US got away with one.

As we know that perception can be viewed as reality, especially when it comes to officiating, would it hurt anybody if a statement was made? After all, this was a very strange call that went against the "visiting" team in a rather high profile game. IF a mistake was made, admit it like the NFL does and then they can put it behind them.