Thread: Hightower
View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 13, 2006, 07:51am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Quote:
Originally posted by canuckrefguy
Doesn't even look like he's sweating. TV replay confirms it was a travel. Even Packer agrees.

Any guy with focus, ability, and stones like that gets to work any game he wants. Period.
His facial expressions hardly ever change. I have watched the man like a hawk during every timeout, TV timeout and confrontation and he hardly ever looks like he gets upset, angry or shows that he is working hard. The man on Sunday during the Big Ten Title game got nailed (in the sack) by a player that fell into him hard. After he stayed down for about a minute and was attended by trainers, he got back up and you would have never been able to tell that some big athletic player ran him over. He did not miss a beat. I was in shock and I was about 10 rows from the court. The man has his detractors but he can flat out referee.

Peace
I'll never forget the Ted Valentine/Bobby Knight incident, though (which I saw on TV as it happened). Neither O'Neill nor Hightower did anything to get between the two of them, even after Valentine ejected Knight. I thought it was a perfect example of a guy getting thrown under the bus by his partners and I lost a lot of respect for the two of them that day.