Thread: Backcourt ?
View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 12, 2006, 09:46am
Official Forum Member

Two situations:State Class C championship game; 3 man crew.

1)A1 on Trail side pushes upfloor on dribble and picks up dribble while straddling division line (feet planted). She passes crosscourt to A2 who was in front court but is now straddling division line with both feet planted when she receives the crosscourt pass. A2 receives the pass cleanly and Trail immediately calls backcourt violation. I think this call was incorrect as neither player nor ball had FC status.......but then again, I missed 3 first time through the backcourt quiz.

2) Late in 4th quarter, A down by 3, star player B1 goes down hard while committing blcoking foul. She is writhing in pain and the tournament EMT comes on the floor without being beckoned. EMT examines girl (30 - 40 seconds), assists her to her feet and officials prepare to administer A's inbound pass. Coach A fervently maintains that B1 has to come out of the game. Officials confer and allow B1 to stay in and go on with the game. I am guessing that they determined that as the tournament EMT had not been beckoned the girl did not have to substitute out. I think that she should have been required to leave the game if you consider the EMT "bench personnel" serving both teams. According to 3-3-5, if bench personnel come onto the floor w/o being beckoned, substitution is required.