View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 17, 2000, 02:19pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

If you have him kicked out, he will definately think twice about making vulgar comments. It may not stop him, but he will think about it. I do not tolerate any profane behavior from fans or parents. It degrades the game and can distract the players. Last week, my partner and I were reffing a varsity high school girls game. We encountered a male fan, probably a father of one of the players. He was ripping us and cussing at us everytime done the court. I went to put the ball in play after in was knocked out of bounds near him. I hand the ball to the thrower and he starts counting,"4, 5, 6, 7, hey bozo, how long are you going to let her stand in the key?" The next opportunity I had, I told him to decide to either zip it or leave. I told him to decide right now, not next year. There were four boys from the varsity team sitting in the first row near him. I knew them from a Summer league. I said to them, "Guys it wouldn't be so bad if he only knew the rules. He wants three seconds when the ball hasn't even been inbounded yet." They all started laughing and looked at this goober, "like what are you nuts?" I really felt sorry for his daughter. He embarrassed her. Any way my point is that we do not have to take the obscene or profane language and threats. If we don't make moves to stop it, it will continue.