Thread: Bean Bag use
View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 09, 2006, 11:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by grantsrc
Quote:
Originally posted by Forksref
On passes, the BJ is more likely to retrieve the ball. We've had 4 guys touch the ball after some plays, depending on the play. I don't like letting the ball sit there waiting for someone else to pick it up while I am close to it. I like to be active. As long as I am following the ball, I might as well help relay the ball. On most sideline plays, I am not retreiving, but relaying the ball to the U. This is more than theory.
Why have the BJ chase the ball on incomplete passes? Have the LJ (or HL depending on your area's preference- we run both ball boys off the same sideline, home sideline) get a new ball in to the U. If it is incomplete, the Bj can get the old ball, relay it to the sidelines, all while the ball is getting ready.
We exchange balls only on change of possession. So we are always getting the ball back to the previous spot or new spot at the hash. If the ball is in the middle of the field, the BJ is more likely to get it since he is closer to the play. On complete passes or long runs, the BJ is involved in retreiving the ball.