View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 09, 2006, 03:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref

Assuming it doesn't...what should become of Bonds' records? Mcgwire's for that matter, it's clear he was a juicer as well.

Does any of this mean Bonds shouldn't get to the hall of fame?

Or is this another case of the press getting payback on an athlete who just refuses to cooperate with them?
I think MLB has dug their own grave. When the beauty of a 2-1 game wasn't good enough for ratings and they started to allow subtle "changes," they pretty much eliminated any possiblilty of an asterisk in their record books unless it is to point out their own greed and willful neglect. I think they would have gladly tolerated steroids for as long as no one brought it up and caused a commotion.

I also think that Bonds does more than refuse to cooperate, he is an active jerk. I don't buy his recent attempts to yuck it up in drag. My family members who grew up and went to school with him painted a picture of a self-centered, entitled brat long before he ever got to the majors. My two meetings with him when we were both teens confirmed this. This is not really here nor there in terms of his guilt, but I don't really buy his victim-of-the-press schtick.

JMO