View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 09, 2006, 12:25pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
I haven't read the SI article, I just heard about it on the Tony Koinhauser show. I think by now just about everybody accepts that Bonds was juicing for some period of time after 1998. The only people who don't accept this are people who don't want to believe it's true, for the most part.

What to do about it? I don't know. You can't erase his records, I don't think. MLB has never done that, even for players who threw a World Series. Can you put an asterisk next to all his records? I guess, but what good does that do, really? Make a new category, career HR (prior to 1992)?

Ban him from the Hall? I honestly don't care. I don't anyone will care if he doesn't get in. Nobody likes him, nobody's going to come to his defense, the only sportswriters who will try to make a case for him will be the ones from San Francisco.

I think everybody will refer to 1992-2005 as "The Steroid Era", just like pre-1920 was "the dead ball era", and people will discount the records as being steroid-aided. Yes, they hit a ton of HRs. Yea. But they did it with a needle.