View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 14, 2000, 06:45pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Player safety is your number one concern. IANAL - but if you can reasonably accomodate the person in the wheelchair, you should be covered.

Last week I had a guy set up a folding "camp stool" on the endline so he could sit there and take pictures. Politely, I asked him to please move the stool into the corner. I told him I had no objection to the picture taking, but he couldn't have the chair where it was (about 3 feet to the side of the backboard and about 1 foot back from the endline).

He gave me a rash of crap, but moved the chair. After the game I was at the table getting set up for my next game and he came up to me, called me an ass**** twice and a dip**** once, then walked away. I just ignored him - but guess what?

Next week I have the same team in a rec game at a facility that is managed by a rec district that has a very close relationship with my association and is totally committed to sportsmanship and against any bad behavior by anyone. I know if I tell them what happened and ask them not to let him in the facility they will do it. Frankly, I'm very tempted.

Should I or not. Why don't you guys vote in your posts here?