View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 07, 2006, 05:18pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by JoeT
In the conferences with which I'm familiar, however (in the Chicago area), you can essentially get "blackballed" from conference games by the conference assignor(s). The individual school ADs may also choose not to hire you and can request that the assignor not assign you for contests at their schools. As a high school AD, I've actually refused to pay an official for a blatant lack of professionalism (not a basketball official, btw). I'm pretty sure he won't be assigned at our school again. (This only happened once, and the lack of professionalism was severe - rest assured that refusing payment was the nicest way for me to handle it rather than simply ending his officiating career.)
Well there is an individual in this area that has displayed some very unprofessional behavior and he still works games all the time. He has also been assigned different conferences over the years at the behest of those in the area. Of course you can pass the word around, but it is clear in Chicago alone that other assignment chairmen turn the other cheek if they want to.

Also if you are an AD at a school and you are inform the assignor of a problem, the assignor might not send them back to your school, but that does not mean your "incident" is going to eliminate that person from working other places in that very conference. I personally know of many times this has happen to me and many other officials. I even know of times where an assignor considers the source of the complaint and ignores them all together. Some assignors are more concerned with their standing with certain schools and do not care about others that might complain.

Peace