View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 12, 2001, 06:20pm
Official Forum Member

heres what happened.
after the go ahead bucket for illinois @ about 12.4 the game clock did not stop, but kept running. the inbounds pass was caught at about 7.7. that is 4.7 seconds that ran off the clock by error. the foul occured on the other end with about 1.3 on the game clock but because whistles rarely stop the clock at the perfect time it is difficult to get 100% correct. the officials were correct to adjust the game clock, maybe not the correct time to put on the clock but very close. the officials probly used the courtside monitor or the play by play to get the timing error carrected.

i also like the offensive foul on arkansas. the original defender was contacted by the offensive player, though the majority of the contact was by the secondary defender the offensive foul was emminent.

on the score no score of the bucket, this is very close. i agree that the ball has left the hand of the offensive player, but only by super duper slow mo. in real time the official made the best decision any one could, cancel the goal.

overall i think the officials did a fine job on this last second play.