View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 06, 2006, 11:46am
Official Forum Member

You don't have to make any distinction at all. The only reason I mentioned that is that some here seem to be trying to associate some sort of "Official Meaning" to the phrase "illegal substitute", when there is none. The words are there, in regular type, without any super-secret meaning.

Are you guys trying to say that "B1 is an illegal substitute" is not true? If so, why? It IS true, which makes C the right answer.

If it had said "B1 is an Illegal Substitute", I could see the confusion - you might think that "Illegal Substitute" has some sort of different status from an "unreported substitute". It would still not be incorrect, but I could see the reason some would wonder about it.

Without the caps, C is just saying that the substitute is not legal ... which is correct, and the ONLY correct answer in our choices. Don't read more into is than is given, and it makes plenty of sense.