Thread: T-Magnet
View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 12, 2001, 03:57pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
I don't know what's going on in my karma, but I'm throwing around T's like there's no tomorrow. Had my first HS game last night and T'd the Home head coach for saying that my partner's call was "bull***t".

I've had T's in preseason tournaments (for protesting a call), in men's league (for hanging on the rim), in a HS scrimmage, for cryin' out loud. ("Handchecking?!?! What the F*** is that?)

Mind you, my season officially kicked off just last night!!! I don't think any of these T's was the result of my thin-skin or over-officiousness. All were well earned. I just can't figure out why there all coming to me.

Chuck
Don't you find that most years you have to get 'em used to what behavior is expected of them,again?I've noticed,both in b-ball and football,that the behavior is usually different in the first few games than later on.They usually improve.I think it may be the adjustment from off-season rec and street ball back to normal games for players.Once the coaches start figuring out the T's are gonna hurt him,both the and the kids' conduct usually get better.Of course,some coaches and players never change.JMO.