View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 03, 2006, 10:43am
Official Forum Member

Re: Honig's K-17 Navy with Light Blue Stripes

Quote:
Originally posted by MajorDave
Our local association has two official shirts-navy and powder blue. We also have two hats-both navy but with red lettering and red button. We also have powder blue lettering and powder blue button. Why, you ask? I don't know. I am the rookie. I am very serious about being a good umpire. I have coached in this area for a number of years and have decided to switch to umpiring for several reasons. The need for competent umpires with the physical ability to move and make calls for one along with the maturity to not toss everyone as soon as they make a comment or question a call.

Anyway, I want as many games as I can get. Game assignments are a little political- I have surmised and the phrase look like a duck, act like a duck, especially when you are the new guy, comes to mind. They mentioned I should get one and several of the guys wear them as optional gear. I want to fit in and they are already talking varsity and post-season assignments if I pass muster in the appearance and competence categories.

There you have it. We are the 1% of the world wearing the Honig's K-17 in navy with powder blue stripes.
My last post message is hidden inside yours, sorry.

What region do you belong?