View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 28, 2006, 09:12am
Official Forum Member

I saw this (on tv) as it happened. I don't know if I think a violation should have been called or not. It depends on what actually happened between the Rutgers player and the official administering. Although I definitely agree with Nevada that the official was doing the "my fault" tap.

So...if there was no timeout request...I wonder if some of those conversations went like... OFFICIAL: Hey coach (Rutgers), either your player just called a timeout or it's a violation and UConn's ball. RUTGER'S COACH: She called timeout. I would be a little upset if I was on UConn's side, though.

Sidenote: I know most of the time the announcers are clueless, and I did only watch the last 6 minutes of this game, but these announcers seemed to be using good terms (and understanding them) like "displacement." But, they had a lapse on this play as they were both saying the Rutger's player was trying to receive the pass and the official was in the way...as if it were a legal play. I don't recall them saying anything about it being a spot throw-in and therefore illegal for the other Rutger's player to be OOB. Of course I could have missed it because my 11 year old son was talking in my ear..."She can't do that!"