View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 24, 2006, 11:52am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Re: Do you T?

Quote:
Originally posted by mplagrow
I had a similar sitch in an 8th grade game. Girl goes down in backcourt, but I'm L and I don't see it. I'm just ahead of midcourt (there's a press on) and see both coach and assistant coach come off the bench THREE FEET ONTO THE FLOOR yelling at my partner. I was ready to blow and walk over and say, "That's a T for YOU and a T for YOU!" But my partner blew it dead (wrongly, the other team was driving by this point). I let him handle the situation. Girl left in an ambulance with a concussion half an hour later. Assistant keeps glaring at my partner and giving him crap for the no call. At this point, I don't think any T's would have helped anything at all. I shut the assistant up with some friendly advice, and we ended up with a 2 hour overtime game.
While we talk about letting the play continue after a player goes down you can & should stop play immediately when the injury seems severe or there's danger of further injury. An 8th grade girl on the floor who later gets taken away by ambulance for a concussion seems to be a good enough reason to stop play immediately. Especially since play was going in in her general area (you mentioned her team was being pressed in the BC). You guys did good by not T'ing either of these coaches up.

btw...how did it take a half hr for an ambulance to arrive?