View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 24, 2006, 11:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mcrowder
Uh, Mike... who even said a single word about baseball?

The question is not whether the test is right - it's about whether this is fair and what an umpire could/should do to rectify the fairness, if anything.
Fairness, while preferred, is not necessarily applicable to all situations. Don't believe me, ask some coaches.
Quote:

Surely you can come up with an instance where the ASA correct ruling (BR out, R2 out, R1 scores) benefits the offense

My biggest problem with this question is that there is way way too much left open to assume. You must assume the ball was caught, even though all pops aren't caught (just because you can probably infer that F3 has possession when contact occurs due to the words "Knocks loose", you can't necessarily infer that the ball didn't bounce first.) There's no mention about whether umpire called/ruled IFF, which is important to the question. Heck, it doesn't even say whether the ball was fair or foul, which COULD matter.
I warned everyone that this test, while shorter, some of the questions were vague.

[Edited by IRISHMAFIA on Feb 24th, 2006 at 11:21 AM]