View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 16, 2000, 04:17pm
Official Forum Member

I don't know what's more scary: a primadona or a "pre-Madonna" (shiver). In either case, there's probably little you CAN do to change his way of thinking, especially if he's a "veteran" official. If you suggest a different alternative, he more than likely will lecture you about why his way is the way to go. As another veteran, I'd try to ask him what was happening to lead him to give the "T's," then wonder aloud (i.e., not tell him straight out, 'cuz that will just get him defensive and shut me out) if there was another way to deal with it so as to avoid the T's. If he started to lecture me, I'd just say I'd have to disagree with him, but then leave it at that, because it isn't going to help pursuing it. In your case, he'd probably see you as an "underling" and not give your perspective the due consideration it deserves. Best you can do is to try to approach the topic without coming across as disapproving, and see how he responds. If he's open to discussion, go with it. If not, bite your tongue and let it lie. But remember and learn something from the experience yourself.

[This message has been edited by Todd VandenAkker (edited February 16, 2000).]