View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 11, 2001, 01:48am
Official Forum Member

This has been great to hear all the debate on the intentional foul call. I personally like Larks comment about the quaterback intentionally spiking the ball to stop the clock. The football rules allow this as the way for a team to stop the clock and get back into the game instead of having some weird rule considering it intentional grounding. The NBA, WNBA, and FIBA as I just found out by a recent post have no intentional foul rule. I wish the high school and college game would follow suit. Every team in America will foul to stop the clock when they are down towards the end of the game. Why penalize them extra for doing this? This is exactly what they should do. Don't try to read their minds and decide if they are going for the ball or not. Just give them the foul and try to blow it quick before they do have to foul hard. Know the game situation and that a foul is imminent. Now if the foul is committed in an unsporting manner or in a manner which could injure a player than this is a different matter. Call the intentional in this case. Out of room so I'll continue on another page.