Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Stan
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker

If the "poke-er" makes a little incidental contact, there's still nothing to call, just as you wouldn't call anything Just because they "reached in" from the front. I mean, you wouldn't, would you?

If the "poke-er" reaches from behind as the pokee dribbles away from him I call it.

Even without contact?

I've almost never seen a player use this playground move successfully without *some* sort of arm or body contact. (I say almost never because I believe you should never say never.)

It's bad defense and to let it go introduces all sorts of ugliness into your game. IOW, I've got to be 118% sure there was no contact before I'll let it go.

Nip it.

It's bad defense--unless B1 manages to poke the ball out to a teammate who takes it in for a layup. I'll agree that I'd rather see B1 in LGP, squared up, but I don't know if I'm ready to categorize making a play for the ball from behind as bad defense. I've seen guards who were quite good at the "stealth steal."