View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 10, 2001, 10:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
What I'm thinking of is that, as BktBallRef said, I believe, contact under the basket is generally a block or a no-call.
Nope! Definitely was not me that said that!

Quote:
Originally posted by crew
the reasoning for the restricted area in the pro and nc2a womens, is that a defender cannot(not all the time but most) defend the basket/contest a shot while standing under the basket. this is the philosophy, which goes along with the player lying on the floor, he cannot defend anything so there is no point on being on the floor accident or not. this is not in the mens rules but is taught at the mens camps. they just want us to look a little deeper into the situation, these plays are not black and white.
D*mn crew, is your rule book gray?

When there are rules and case book plays in place to cover a specific situation, then the colors are black and white, not gray.

BTW, I bet they didn't teach you that at a high school camp. One of the biggest problems in high school basketball today is that too many officials go to camp, come home, and try to apply college mechanics, philosphies and rules to high school basketball. For those who do this, give us all a break and stop calling HS ball. You're just making it more difficult for the rest of us.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith